EMERGENCY DECLARATION FOR COVID-19 PANDEMIC
IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING YOUR TAX FILING (UPDATED 4/24/20)
YOUR 2019 TAX FILING AND 2020 ESTIMATE PAYMENTS
IRS HAS PROVIDED RELIEF FOR TAXPAYERS FILING THEIR 2019 TAX RETURNS AS FOLLOWS:
- TAXPAYERS HAVE UNTIL JULY 15, 2020 TO PAY THE BALANCE DUE FOR 2019 RETURNS WITHOUT INCURRING PENALTY AND INTEREST FOR LATE PAYMENT. THE APRIL 15TH DUE DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO JULY 15TH.
- TAXPAYERS WHO PLAN TO MAKE 2020 ESTIMATED TAX PAYMENTS HAVE UNTIL JULY 15, 2020 TO PAY THE AMOUNT FOR THE FIRST AND SECOND QUARTER ESTIMATES.
VIRGINIA HAS PROVIDED RELIEF FOR TAXPAYERS FILING VIRGINIA RETURNS AS FOLLOWS:
- 2019 TAX RETURNS AND FIRST QUARTER 2020 ESTIMATES ARE DUE BY JUNE 1, 2020.
- SECOND QUARTER VA ESTIMATES ARE DUE BY JUNE 15, 2020.
ACTIONS WE PLAN ON YOUR BEHALF:
- PREPARE YOUR 2019 TAX RETURN BEFORE JULY 15, 2020, PROVIDED ALL INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE. THIS WOULD APPLY TO TAXPAYERS WITH NO 2019 BALANCE DUE FOR VIRGINIA OR VIRGINIA 2020 ESTIMATES.
- PROVIDED YOUR INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE TO US TIMELY, PREPARE YOUR 2019 TAX RETURNS AND 2020 ESTIMATES BY JUNE 1 FOR TAXPAYERS WITH VIRGINIA BALANCES DUE BY JUNE 1.
- FOR CLIENTS WHO ROUTINELY EXTEND THEIR TAX RETURNS AND ANTICIPATE FILING AFTER JULY 15, WE WILL COORDINATE YOUR TAX PAYMENTS AND FILING WITH YOU.
ACTIONS WE RECOMMEND YOU TAKE:
- BE AWARE OF THE CHANGE IN DUE DATES.
- VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR ANY ADDITIONAL UPDATES – BFCCPA.COM
- BE AWARE THAT OUR OFFICE WILL HAVE A PERIOD OF RESTRICTED VISITATION FOR EVERYONE’S SAFETY. CURRENTLY, THE OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED TO VISITORS UNTIL JUNE 1, 2020. BE ADVISED THAT THIS DATE MAY BE FURTHER EXTENDED.
- USE OUR PORTAL SYSTEM, EMAILS OR U.S. MAIL TO TRANSMIT YOUR TAX INFORMATION TO US.
- USE OUR FREDERICKSBURG OFFICE FRONT DOOR SLOT FOR SMALL DOCUMENT PACKAGES.
- COORDINATE WITH OUR STAFFORD OFFICE (EMAIL OR CALL) FOR DROP OFF OR PICK UP OF SMALL DOCUMENT PACKAGES.
- RETURN YOUR SIGNED E-FILE FORMS BY PORTAL, MAIL, FAX OR THE FREDERICKSBURG DOOR SLOT. PLEASE SEND BACK TO US YOUR SIGNED E-FILE FORMS WITHOUT DELAY.
Our first priority is the health and safety of our employees and clients. Due to these circumstances, this information is subject to change. We will keep you posted on our website. We will make every effort to be of service to you during this time and appreciate your help and cooperation.
BISHOP, FARMER & CO., LLP
The interactive calendar highlights federal and state tax due dates, special firm events and other important dates that may be of interest to you. Because the calendar is continually updated, check back often to keep track of filing requirements, deadlines and other events that will help you stay current and up-to-date.
Client Tax Organizer
A tax organizer can facilitate the process of pulling together your tax information. This basic tax organizer is designed for new clients and allows you to enter your information right on the screen. You can then print the completed tax organizer and fax or mail it to the office. Current clients should contact the office to request a "proforma" tax organizer that includes prior year information and carryover data.
Federal Tax Forms & IRS Publications
Looking for a federal tax form? Browse this online tax forms library to find downloadable IRS forms. The forms are presented in PDF format and are acceptable for filing with the IRS. You may also choose from dozens of helpful tax publications developed by the IRS to help taxpayers have a better understanding of various tax issues. Available in PDF format, these publications are written in a plain language format geared specifically to taxpayers.